For this event I wanted a new dress, and I had about 2.5 yards of a lovely lightweight red wool with a subtle check, which I received from my mom who had kept it in her stash since she made a dress for me with it when I was a toddler (photo pending). I used it to make a new hangerok for myself with overlapping fronts so I could wear it as breastfeeding garb. I also had some white, black, and red trim in my stash made by Sir Brynjolfr years ago in a swap for some trousers I made him.
My pattern for the hangerok was very simple. I used the basic concept of the 4 gore apron dress (four straight rectangular body pieces with triangular gores between them to form the skirt and modified it. I had four straight panels, but each were 1/3 of my bust measurement (with a bit extra for seam allowance). The front had two of the panels together, with the tops sewn together but the rest of the panels not connected. The two side/back panels met at the middle of the back, with a gore inserted from hip to hem along that seam, and gores inserted where the side panels met the front panels. I added trim around the top and along the seams where the front panel met the sides. I used scrap fabric for the straps, which connect near the back seam and at the seams where the side panels connect to the front panels. I made a rudimentary schematic of the pieces, and if anyone would like a more detailed tutorial, please let me know!