- New high court garb appropriate for my persona for the ball in January: trapunto underdress, silk bliaut with some fancy trim or block printing, period jewelry, half circle wool mantle with fur trim, new period shoes
- Some new archery gear and gear repairs: Give my arrow bag a little makeover since I half took it apart and never put it back together, put some new fletchings on some of my arrows that have been beaten up, make new bowstring for my longbow and start getting to archery practice more regularly, try making some arrows at fletching guild
- Some new hearldic stuff for myself since my new device passed this month: new dyed silk banner for me (and maybe make a couple other gifty ones), maybe a heraldic kirtle, design and submit a personal badge to put on my stuff (planning for an eradicated garlic plant/ramson). The new device blazon is argent, a brown bear passant proper and on a chief embattled vert three ramson flowers affronty argent seeded Or.
- A new populace badge for my friend Rorik in Meridies since the one I made him was in a bag of his that was stolen. :( I plan to do some work on something that will be a bit more specific to his persona, so that will entail some fun research.
- Some production garb sewing for myself, especially more underdresses, some hose, some medieval knickers of various sorts, and general finishning/sprucing up of garb I already have but never embellished, felled seams on, etc.
- A set of later period Persian garb as an homage to my Laurel, and to my student sister Beatriz who got me hooked on belly dance in August (it's going great, by the way! I am getting buff and bar one little injury my body feels excellent and I will be keeping it up)
- Finish up a bunch of the projects I have started, especially my wool kirtle, my first big loom project, my period spinning sampler project, and a few little handwork projects I haven't shared here yet.
Looking back, these items are kind of a nice continuation of the list I made in January for my hopes for this year's work. I got through a lot of it, and some I didn't but will try again soon. In the spirit of last year's list, I'm also going to add my hopeful list of events for the next year.
January - Arn Hold Ball (local)
February - Estrella War (Atenveldt)
March - Coronation (Not sure, this is a maybe)
April - Crown tournament (maybe) and Honor War (An Tir)
May - Arn Hold Champions (local) and Celtic Revolt (An Tir)
June - Uprising if it happens (Artemisia)
July - Artemisia Twenty Year (Artemisia) and Raptor War (Artemisia)
August - Coronation (maybe) and Baron's War (maybe) (both Artemisia)
September - Harvest War (Artemisia)
October - Crown Tourney (local, stewarding)
That pretty much gets us through camping season, though there are many nice fall/winter events I haven't gotten to attend that we will probably try to do this coming year too, and I'd like to cram in some more dance workshops and stuff if I can manage it. As you can see, I'm planning on a year of fun after a very well-earned rest. :)
How about you? What projects are you planning? What's on your event calendar for 2017?