I never did make a ceinture or add bicep bands on this dress, but I'd still like to do so in the future. I even bought a couple sets of pearls to sew on, which somehow were forgotten in the push to finish.
I also experimented with set-in sleeves on this bliaut rather than my usual square construction, and it was a bit of a challenge. Let's just say it's a good thing my arms are smaller than when I first made the dress, or it wouldn't have worked out. The other challenge is that I let my darling husband help me pin and cut the hem, and it wound up uneven, so therefore shorter than I'd planned. I was able to use some scrap bits of the silk to make a facing inside the skirt so I was only losing a little bit of length, maybe 1/4" instead of the inch or so I'd lose with my typical double rolled hem, but needless to say I didn't have any train for train wrecks. Next time I'll try this great tutorial for hemming without help.
Sadly, the only photo I have is a selfie I took in the car before the event, so I will have to do a photo shoot if and when I wear this dress again.
The event was very nice. I chose the dances for the ball and worked with the musicians to secure live music for all of it. My friend Viscountess Morgan ran the dance practice and we shared the brief instructions before the dancing in the evening. There was a bardic competition, a heraldic mask competition, and a lot of nice nibbles and drinks. I also donated a period spinning lesson with all supplies (including distaff) provided, which was purchased by my friend Mistress Gilliana. We'll have fun with that, I'm sure.